The Best Cat Christmas Costumes 2019 [Jingle Bells!]http://bit.ly/316CxAS
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it is almost time for your cats to start messing with your Christmas tree again! I bet you’re as excited as I am to keep a constant eye on your cats. But we do get some revenge by dressing them up. There are a ton of adorable options out there so let's look at the 11 best cat Christmas costumes for cats!
1. Christmas Cat Cosplay Costume
Planning on turning your cat into a full on Santa Claus this year for pictures? If so, this is the right choice for you and your feline friend!
This outfit will make your cat look just like Jolly Old Saint Nick and they’ll be meowing in tune while you sing Jingle Bells with the carolers. Ok ok, I might have gotten a little ambitious, but it is an awesome costume!
Key features worth calling out:
- Your cat will be instantly transformed into Santa upon entering this costume
- It is made of high quality beam cotton so it feels comfortable for your cat
- It won’t fade quickly like many other products will after a single hand washing
Buy It And Enjoy 50% OFF Discount: http://bit.ly/2OFWz2r
2. Classic Elk Antler Reindeer Hat
If you’re looking for a classic set of antlers then this is a great go to. It is less impactful than the full on helmet style that often bothers a lot of cats due to covering their ears, but it still gives you that nice wintery feeling when you see your kitty running around with it on.
These antlers have a few features worth noting:
- Very fuzzy and the antlers stand straight up to make your cat look just like an elk
- The small size is aimed to fit a cat with a neck girth of about 7 inches, medium fits about 12 inches
- It’ll make your cat blend in with any holiday decor so they feel like they are hunting
Buy It And Enjoy 50% OFF Discount: http://bit.ly/315NuSY
3. Christmas Hat With Muffler
Simplifying things a little bit, this is an excellent two piece combo for your cat to get into the holiday spirit and get ready for Christmas day. You’ve got a wonderful looking hat and a sharp looking scarf to accompany it.
This one you’ll want to make sure you measure up front because it only comes in a single size. That being said, if it looks like it will fit then you should move ahead with it because your cat will like adorable in this costume.
You'll want to take note of the following:
- Uses Velcro to open/close to minimize any chance of injury if it gets caught
- The hat has a height of 6.3" and a length of 4.7"
- The neck tie length is perfect at about 11 inches
Buy It And Enjoy 50% OFF Discount: http://bit.ly/316CxAS
4. Christmas Santa Claus Suit Costume
If you're looking for an outfit that will make your kitty look as close to Santa Claus as possible then this is definitely your go to choice! It has the cute little red suit and even a big black belt!
While this one doesn't come equipped with a hat you could easily pair it with the first costume in the list to make yourself a full on Santa Suit!
Buy It And Enjoy 50% OFF Discount: http://bit.ly/315KtSS
5. Red Snowflake Sweater
These might be better described as Christmas sweaters for cats than as costumes, but still very nice! Bolbove didn't design these specifically for hairless cats, but if you’ve got a hairless cat then a sweater might be a both festive and practical item for you to get for your kitty.
Not only will they look quite stylish for the holidays, but it’ll also do an awesome job of keeping your cat extra warm and cuddly during the cold winter months!
By far one of the best single piece costumes out there, it is worth noting that:
- It is made of the finest acrylic fabric to keep your pet warm when it is cold out
- It is machine washable with similar colors which means you know that it isn’t flimsy or wimpy
- It comes in a bunch of different sizes, the smallest for about an 8 inch neck
Buy It And Enjoy 50% OFF Discount: http://bit.ly/2M6vJik
6. Antlers & Hat w/ Headband
If you’re looking for a way to make your cat look just like Bullwinkle from Rocky and Bullwinkle then you’re on the right track. These antlers have that wonderful lighter tint to them that is similar to our cartoon friend.
Taking you back to more naturally colored antlers is this awesome hat. Be sure to note the following:
- Made of soft plush fabric that won’t irritate your cat’s skin
- The velcro closure makes it super easy to put on and take off
- Best fit for cats with a neck girth 8″-10″ suitable for cat or small dogs
Buy It And Enjoy 50% OFF Discount: http://bit.ly/3248Am8
How to Measure Your Cat
It is kind of silly, but a lot of these costumes come with a measuring tape. Not terribly useful once you’ve already placed your order. Fortunately it is super easy to measure your cat’s neck with just a piece of string and a ruler or a tape measure.
If you so happen to have a flexible tap measure that’s even better. See this quick video below for details, you’ll only really care about the neck for most of the cat Christmas costumes.
Do be sure to measure your cat for any costume before you actually make a purchase. Several of the costumes ship from long distances and if they don't fit you might lose quite a few days of photo opportunities waiting for a new size to arrive!
How Do I Get My Cat Into the Costume?
Getting cat clothes for cats onto cats can be quite an effort, believe me, I know. If you’ve ever tried to put a harness on a cat you’ll have some good experience already.
Putting on a full one piece or a multi piece costume can take some time and patience. If you can find some assistance that will certainly help things along as well. Key things that will help:
- As noted above, be sure you measure your cat first and buy a size appropriate costume
- The simpler the costume the easier it is going to be to get on and off
- Avoid anything with a mask as covering your cat's face causes all sorts of havoc
- Buy your costume early and introduce your cat to it over several days:
- Let her sniff it
- Feed her treats while it is nearby
- Drape it over her and feed her treats
- You may even want to put it in her bed and let her sleep on top of it
- Always put on the easiest pieces first to see how your cat reacts, take it slow and don’t force it
- Be patient, it may take a few attempts to get the costume on to your cat
- If your main purpose is to take pictures, plan ahead and have everything ready to go the second you get the costume on
A few other things may help you along. You may want to consider spraying the costume with traditional Feliway as it should help your cat be more comfortable around the costume.
How Will My Cat React To a Costume?
If your cat has never worn a costume before then it is hard to say how they will react, but you can use other objects as a proxy. The best two items to consider as proxies are:
- Harnesses: The harness is probably the best proxy out there because it usually loops around both the neck and the chest of your cat and if you're putting it on right you've got it on snug. If your cat moves around normally with a harness on then you should be in great shape!
- Collars: Most of these costumes will attach to your cat around the neck just like a collar. If your cat does well with collars then they should be more comfortable with an outfit like this.
If you've never tried a a costume before then you should check out the video below to see what you might encounter. The most common behaviors are probably broken down into 3 categories:
- "Breaking" which just means they simply fall over and don't know what to do. They aren't injured or hurt in any way. They simply aren't used to the feeling.
- Running off and hiding. My cats typically do this, they aim for under the bed.
- Pawing at the costume and biting at it to get it off.